Friday, December 26, 2008

Full Circle Friday

Before I begin my last Full Circle Friday of the year, I have a big announcement for the store...

Gift Certificate Redemption Days*
December 26th & 27th, 2008

If you were lucky enough to receive a holiday gift certificate or have a certificate you haven't redeemed yet, come shop on December 26th or 27th and receive 30% off your entire purchase when redeeming a gift certificate! More special gift certificate redemption days will follow in 2009! Watch our website for more information!

*Does not apply to gift certificates purchased after 12/24/08.

I started a little annual project last year for the grandparents. Every year I make a 2-page layout for each month featuring my two little beauties. This year I did it all 100% digital but this project could easily be completed traditionally with papers and tactile embellishments. Even if you do no other scrapbooking throughout the year, you can complete this project for your own family in as little as a week. Here is the process:

Step 1 (1-2 days) - Develop 2-4 different templates using anywhere from 8-15 photos each. My 3 templates each have a different number of photos to accommodate months with lots of photos and months with not so many photos.

Step 2 (1-2 days) - Gather your photos. Edit them, print them and organize them into the months.

Step 3 (1 day) - Gather your supplies. To make it easy, chose one set of papers from a manufacturer and the matching embellishements. Make sure to get an album too.

Step 4 (4-5 days) - Assemble, assemble. Put those layouts together and put them in a book.

For my 2008 book, here are my three templates:



Okay, now for the final outcome:









You can do it! You can record your memories for an entire year! Ask our staff if you have any further questions on how to get started. Good luck!