Friday, November 28, 2008

Full Circle Friday

I hope you all had a fun and safe Thanksgiving!

Windy City Scrapbooking was busy, busy this morning. However we still have a couple QuicKutz Silhouettes at the special sale price of $149.99 (regularly $369.99). This price is good for TODAY ONLY (Friday, November 28, 2008)! We are also offering 20% off your entire purchase for the rest of the day. And we have some of our albums on sale for just $12, again today only. Hurry if you have your eye on something special for yourself or a loved one!

Our sketch today is a display of 4-4x6 photos, one is trimmed down to 4x2. The title is split in half and runs across the top of the photos and then continues down the side. The split title is unified with an accent.

For my layout I decided to go festive and work with photos from last year's Lincoln Park Zoo's ZooLights. I took a minimalist approach and used only 1 piece of older paper by Scenic Route, glitter letter stickers by Me & My Big Ideas, a chipboard star by Heidi Swapp, stamps by Luxe and Maya Road, and finally the Uniball White pen.


I don't pull out my stamps for scrapbooking enough. I use them a lot for cards and other smaller projects but they are great for layouts too! I used the fun Luxe border stamps with a bright silver ink to outline my photo box. To make sure I didn't stamp on my photos I put down a piece of scrap paper that covered the photos and stamped away.

There are a great line up of stamping techniques that can be used on scrapbooking pages. To learn more about your stamping options take Acrylic Stamp Challenge at Windy City. In that class you will make 4 cards and 1 12x12 layout using different stamping techniques. There are dates coming up in 2009; check the website for more details.