Friday, January 16, 2009

Full Circle Friday

Ribbon, Ribbon, Ribbon!
All of our ribbons at W.C.S. are
50% OFF!
Now is a great time to stock up.


I am finally back into the swing of things after the holiday madness... I finally have a Full Circle Friday sketch for you! We are starting off 2009 easy... a one photo layout. This is a great sketch to showcase a single photo enlarged to 5x7. Sometimes all you get is a single photo to help you share your story. This sketch "boxes in" the photo with strips of patterned paper, ribbon, or whatever embellishment you would like. The left side of the sketch is left empty for the eye to rest.

I am still working on scrapbooking our Christmas holiday... ahem... from 2007. I had one photo to tell this cute story about my older daughter and how she wanted a certain type of carrot to leave for the reindeer on Christmas Eve. As the event was happening it stopped me in my tracks and made me realize what a cute kid I have. So even though the photo is not from the actual event that took place in the grocery store, I have a related photo that helps me remember.

Supplies:
  • Patterned paper, lace paper, epoxy sticker - KI Memories
  • Chipboard ribbon - Technique Tuesday
  • Alphabet rubons - American Crafts
  • Journaling die cut - My Mind's Eye
  • Felt flower - Chatterbox
  • Bling rhinstones - Heidi Swapp
  • Sheer snowflake - Maya Road
  • Button - Creative Cafe
  • Brown pen - Sakura
For the top and bottom strips I used patterned paper. I love to use small stripes in small doses on my pages. I used a chipboard die cut and covered it with patterned paper and then sanded the edges. I filled in the space under the photo with the lace cardstock. I have yet to use a piece of the ever-popular lace cardstock in it's full 12x12 size. I always cut it up... hmmm... I think I have a new challenge. I put my journaling on a journaling die cut and layered it with a sheer snowflake and some stickers and flowers.

I am happy with the results because I think it is different from my normal style. For one, I didn't use a single piece of solid cardstock. I used all patterned paper. I also used a journaling die cut I have had on hand for awhile. I didn't use it exactly as it was intended but I like it. Then I was very happy to find a reindeer epoxy sticker in my stash I didn't realize I had. It was perfect for the reindeer theme.