Monday, January 5, 2009

Playing Hooky



Happy New Year, Everyone! I hope 2009 finds everyone happy and healthy!

This past weekend, I had the chance to play hooky at The Paper Doll House in Sycamore, IL! After 1 hour and 45 minutes to get there (I missed the exit not once, but TWICE -- something only I could do!), I cropped Friday, Saturday and Sunday, slept in a cozy room, and ate VERY well! I cannot recommend the Doll House highly enough -- this was my second trip there, and even as a solo scrapper, I had a great time! There were 4 other friendly scrappers in the house (Stacy had brought her ipod with a great variety of songs that I caught myself singing along to several times) who shared ideas and camaraderie throughout the weekend. MaryKim, the hostess with the mostess really did everything she could to keep us happy -- which included pizza, amazing sandwiches, CHOCOLATE Kahlua cake, snacks and more! But most of all, MaryKim makes an AMAZING homemade Chai latte mix that is SO yummy (and I am a Chai latte snob!)


If you ever need a weekend away -- as a single cropper, a pair of croppers, or with a group, The Paper Doll House is the perfect place to go! And, (armed with good directions from MaryKim) it only took me about an hour and 15 minutes to get from Sycamore to Windy City on the way home (I made all the exits the first time!!) -- so really it is far enough away to be "gone" for the weekend, but not too far away from home either!

So, now for the fun stuff --for approximately 25 hours of cropping time, who can guess how many pages I completed (a 2-page spread counts as 2 pages)? Please comment with your page count and the person to first guess correctly or come the closest (according to the comment posting time) by Wednesday afternoon at 5 p.m. wins a pack of Valentine's Day stuff!

Good luck and don't let your memories blow away! -Christina