Sunday, January 4, 2009

SCRAPPIN ON SUNDAYS...

Happy New Year to all of our WCS Blog Readers...

Hope that you had a wonderful Holiday Season and are revived and ready as 2009 is here.

As always...we have things going on at Windy City Scrapbooking and I am here to update you as I post the first Scrappin On Sundays of 2009...

First....SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We always like to hear about SALES and we have a great one going on at WCS. It is our Pre-Inventory, "DO NOT MAKE US COUNT IT SALE" where all papers and stickers are 25% off and our retired section in the back is 80% off...not only do we not want to count it as inventory is approaching later on this month, we want to make room for new items from CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) as Christina is making plans on attending at the end of the month and we know we all want her to bring back alot.
The sale ends on January 12th so make sure to stop in and stock up!!!

Second...CLASSES!!!
Our classes for this month are posted on our website and there are a couple of new ones that are worth checking out.
For this week, I will be teaching Basics and next Sunday, I will be teaching both Beyond Basics and my Create L.O.V.E. Class (L.O.V.E. stand for LayOuts Very Easy) where as the month's theme will be Resolutions and Winter
Angie will be debuting her new DISNEY Class and she will also be teaching her Stitchery Class.

Third...CROPS!!!
Our Crop Nights will resume this month with the first one being this Friday, January 9th. Sesil and I will be your hostess for the evening. Remember, crops are where you may come and have 6 hours of uninterrupted time to work on your projects and we will provide you with dinner and prizes and giveaways. This can also be considered as a great girls night out.

For Classes and Crops...feel free to either stop in and sign up or give us a call.

There are 2 things that I would love to share with our WCS blog readers and invite you to play along if you have not already started...

Your word for 2009.
This can be found on Ali Edwards blog http://aliedwards.typepad.com
I was very surprised as she listed the words that she received from others that are doing the word and I did not see my word.
My word for 2009 is REBIRTH

Project 365
Alot of us at Windy City Scrapbooking are doing this and also my scrapping group, Scrap On Sistah... for me...it is definetly a challenge, but I welcome it.
You may read more about it here http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog/2008/12/understanding-concept-of-project-365.html

So since I am involved in both...I am trying to make myself more accountable so please join and share if you like on how you are going to join in.

And finally...I have updated my personal blog...Inspiring 2Be. I will still be posting older posts since I have them in que but I will also move forward with newer posts of my online journal.

Enjoy
TTFN
Alraynita
http://www.inspiring2be.blogspot.com/