Friday, October 24, 2008

Full Circle Friday

Hello! This week's sketch is a 2-page layout focusing on 1-5x7 photo with several smaller accent photos. This week I am completely going against tradition. Where are the rules that say you have to use certain colors and themes for events. I wasn't in the mood to scrap my pumpkin patch photos with the traditional orange, green, and browns. I found an old piece of Basic Grey Perhaps patterned paper on my desk and I challenged myself to use it. The colors reminded me of fall even if they are muted. I set to work and found several embellishments to work with my muted theme.

Supplies:

Scenic Route background texture patterned paper
My Mind's Eye chipboard sticker, rub ons
Maya Road sequin ribbon
Basic Grey patterned paper, Perhaps collection
Micron pen

I added a couple of horizontal elements to the top and bottom of the photos to emphasize the horizontal flow of the design. The journaling is toward the top of the design, which is different from my norm.



Tag, You're It!!!
Time for another Guest Designer Challenge! This one is due Wednesday, November 5th. Please send a scan or a clear photograph 500K or less and a supply list to classes@windycityscrapbooking.com. Again we will post all entries as long as they follow the requirements. Blog candy will be awarded too!
The sketch is for a 2-page 8.5 x 11 layout but you could easily change it to a 12x12 spread. Turn grid of elements/photos to 3x3 and change the focal photo to 8x10. That brings me to my next point... not all the rectangles on page 2 need to be photos. They can also be patterned paper, journaling, or whatever! You're creative, you'll figure out what is best!
To give credit where credit is due, I got this design from Ali Edwards. She posted some pages from a recent album on her blog and I was instantly drawn to them. She is fantastic!