Thursday, October 9, 2008


This week we are getting back to the basics... a 12x12 layout with two uncropped 4x6 photos side-by-side. Getting back to the basics doesn't have to be boring though! The sketch also has a circle element in on corner with two embellishments running along the sides of the photo block.

I love new products that come into the store so it should come as no surprise that I chose the brand new Basic Grey Urban Prairie papers, stickers, and brads for my layout. Sesil, Cheryl, and I just put the new Urban Prairie and Granola collections from Basic Grey on the floor Thursday evening!

Supplies:

Basic Grey Urban Prairie patterned papers
KI Memories Glitter Lace paper
Basic Grey Urban Prairie stickers
Basic Grey Urban Prairie brads
Bazzill stretchy gingham ribbon
Maya Road flower gems
Micron Pen

Supplies from my stash:

Making Memories metal frame
American Crafts Thicker Stickers

I matted my photo block with an oversized mat of patterned paper. I also added in the glitter lace paper mat off center to add some interest.

I used a circle shaped journaling sticker but decided to use a metal frame over the top that has been in my drawer WAY TOO LONG! Sometimes I will just pull out something in my collection and challenge myself to use it on a layout. That metal frame was my challenge for this layout.

To border the photo block I used a combination of a sticker and ribbon. I accented the sticker with the small brads.

Overall this layout took me about 15 minutes to complete once I had my supplies chosen. Gotta love a quick beautiful layout!

Don't forget about the October Guest Designer sketch. Email your layouts by Wednesday, October 15, 2008 to be published on our blog. I will have some blog candy for everyone that enters!