Friday, October 3, 2008

Full Circle Friday

I will admit it, I really don't look forward to scrapping big events like birthdays and holidays. I always have a ton of photos with a lot of distractions and noise in the backgrounds. So I tend to stuff those photos away with plans to do it later. Eventually there comes a time when I just need to get it done! Today was one of those days. I chose a sketch that used 6 photos, enough to give an idea of my daughter's 3rd birthday party (which was actually over a year ago, she is 4 1/2 now!) My photos were full of distractions (toys, tops of heads, piles of wrapping paper, etc.) so I cropped my 4x6 photos way down to show just the subjects. With this sketch I used 2-3.5x5, 2-3x3, and 2-2x2 photos. The photos are unified by following along a center line. In my layout I used a ribbon as the center line.

We had an aquarium themed party so instead of heading to the birthday section of W.C.S., I headed to the tropical vaction section to find my aquatic supplies. Sometimes the most obvious theme isn't the only theme. Great supplies can be found in many different sections of the store.


Supplies:

Heidi Grace patterned papers
Heidi Grace rub ons
Heidi Grace chipboard letters
Doodlebug glitter paper
Bazzill cardstock
Bazzill die cut cardstock
Micron pen
QuicKutz Blossom alphabet die cuts

Supplies from my stash:

Karen Foster ribbon


I added some patterned paper behind the photos but I also followed that center line. I used the scallop die cut paper because it reminds me of bubbles. I didn't have any aquatic accents other than my border rub ons so I made my own by cutting out shapes from the patterned paper. Cutting shapes from patterned paper is a great ways to use up your paper scraps!



Don't forget about the October Guest Designer sketch. Email your layouts by Wednesday, October 15, 2008 to be published on our blog. I will have some blog candy for everyone that enters!