Thursday, April 3, 2008

SIMPLify Your Stash & Chances for Free Stuff!

Looking for that perfect piece of subtle patterned paper to tone down that beautiful yet "how will I ever use this???" patterned paper? Looking for a background that has more "oomph" than a piece of solid cardstock? Looking to add to your repertoire of journaling items?

I found the answer!!!!!

Simply Luxe! 6 great colors with simple patterns for backgrounds or journaling, great alphabet stickers, journaling and element stickers, and COLORED jotters!

I had arguments with myself all day today trying to decide which patterned paper I like the best (although the "lined" paper is pictured above, "pinstripe" won my personal debate-- it is great as a pattern and I can use it for journaling, too!!!!), and now I am debating between the jotters and the stickers -- which do I like more? The stickers stick (Master of the Obvious) but the Jotters are BIG and bold (see above)! Hmmmm......I'll have to have both! And then I need to choose between colors -- pink is awesome but green & black are very functional (as well as red and blue and turquoise!) You can spend an hour playing with the colors and patterns -- go to this link on the Luxe website and have fun rolling your mouse over the papers! (I'll start you out with pink!) http://www.luxedesigns.com/simplyluxepnk.php

But enough about me -- I have a challenge for you. (Challenge = Free stuff)

I talked to Emily Adams from Luxe today (http://emilyhadams.blogspot.com -- check out photos of the label stickers on her post from March 3rd!!!!) and she told me about the challenge that she has given to the staff at Luxe. It is to go through your stash and match pieces of Simply Luxe to things you already have. that is your challenge -- find things that you already have that coordinate with Simply Luxe , take a photo of it and email it to us at classes@windycityscrapbooking.com . We'll put the name of everyone who sends us a photo into a hat and draw a name on Tax Day and that person wins a Simply Luxe Collection pack of his/her choice! If you send us a layout or other project you made with Simply Luxe, we'll give you 5 raffle tickets!

Here are some photos from the Luxe staff so you can see what I am babbling about-- be warned, once you start matching , it is addictive! Watch the Luxe website (as well as Emily's site) as they start a scavenger hunt where you can be entered to win more Simply Luxe Collection packs!

Lime Simple Stripe with Basicgrey:


Black Lined with Daisy D's Sock Monkeys!! :

Red pinstripe with Lace Cardstock from K-I:

Turquoise Label stickers with Chatterbox!:


And last but not least, LUXE with LUXE!! :


And for those of you who don't know already, on Saturday we are having our 4th Birthday with BIG Sales (25% off all papers, stickers, and acrylic stamps, as well as demonstrations of fun stuff like bling for your Windy City T-shirt) all day! This will be the perfect time to try out some Simply Luxe for yourself! Oh, and for every $50 purchase you get a fun prize pack and for $100 you get a $10 gift certificate (to be redeemed 4/15-5/15/08) as well as the prize pack!! And there will be a big raffle of a prize valued over $200 -- don't miss that, there might even be some Simply Luxe in there!

-don't let your memories blow away,

Christina