Friday, September 26, 2008

Full Circle Friday

Greetings! For today's sketch we are working with 3 4x6 photos... no enlargements or smaller prints. A couple of those photos will get trimmed but start with 4x6 photos. The challenging part is fitting 3 4x6 photos on a 8.5x11 layout! It can be done. If you want to add more embellishment just convert the sketch to 12x12, keep all the photo sizes the same, and shift all the elements to the left or the right of the layout.


You will notice some flowers in the sketch. That doesn't mean you have to use flowers, that is just my way of denoting an embellishment. In my completed layout you will notice the "flowers" in the sketch turned into unicorn rub ons.









Supplies:


Bazzill Cardstock
Maya Road Maya Mists
American Craft Thickers
Maya Road Rub Ons
Heidi Swapp Bling
EK Success 1.25" Circle Punch
Micron Pen



Supplies from my Stash:

Scrap paper
Heidi Swapp Flower Mask



I have a major problem in my scrap space... I have way too much scrap paper. All those papers the get cut off and unused from a prior project do have a home in my space but my drawers are getting VERY full. One of my current goals is to use my scraps more. For this project I matted each photo in a different patterned paper scrap. The only thing that unifies these scrap papers is that they all have a dark pink in them. The patterned or theme didn't matter to me.

I tried a new product and technique as well. The new Maya Mists are so much fun. I dug out an old Heidi Swapp mask and placed that on my blank white cardstock. Then I started playing with the mist. You don't need to have a HS mask to make a cool image with the spray. Use any die cut or sticker you can easily peel off. I may even try leaves and small branches from outside on a future fall project.

I do have one tip for the Maya Mists... if you can, take the project outside to spray! Either that or have a large protector covering your table/surface. I got a little carried away and sprayed a little on my rug. (At least it was just my scrap room rug! That thing gets all kinds of crafting abuse... burned with the heat gun, etc.) Don't let this scare you, just properly prepare your work space first. Maya Mists are a lot of fun!



You Go Girl!
I just wanted to take a second to post a link to a layout inspired by a past Full Circle Friday by Alexandra M. You Rock Alexandra! I love how you stitched in the title.


Okay, Now It's Your Turn!
Want to be published on our blog? This is your chance to let your creative genius shine! (It's there even if you don't believe it, trust me!) Send us a completed layout using this 12x12 sketch as inspiration and have your creation posted in the Full Circle Friday for Friday, October 17, 2008. All complete entires following the described guidelines will be posted!

Email a scan or clear photograph no larger than 500k to classes@windycityscrapbooking.com along with your name and supply list. Layouts can be 12x12 or a different size. We will not publish any content that we decide is inappropriate or vulgar. Entries are due Wednesday, October 15, 2008.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!