Sunday, October 28, 2007

Hello everyone,

Hope that you had a great weekend and are looking forward to this week.I, myself, had a FAB weekend doing what I love best...Scrappin & Relaxin'...and a little Shoppin too.

I finally made it to my scrapbooking group's retreat. We had planned this retreat back in March and we finally made our journey. The place is really close to Chicago and you can go and totally relax, relate, and release.We arrived early on Thursday, had lunch and dove right into our scrapbooking supplies and got to creating. We did stop to watch Grey's Anatomy...this first night, I went to bed at 3am Friday, we all slept in, had breakfast, and scrapped some more. Some of our group had spa services. We ended up staying up til 5am this night, as with Saturday night too. Sunday came to quick and before I knew it, I was getting off the Indiana Toll road heading back into Chicago.While I was there, I did make a few calls back home to Windy City Scrapbooking and the big joke and concern was how many pages would I get done...well, I want to make this interesting for all of you. I did get some pages done and I would love for you, Windy City Scrapbooking Blog readers to let me know that you are out there and guess how many layouts I was able to complete during my 3 day stay.Just post a comment with the number that you think and I will be giving away something special. Please post your comments by Wednesday, October 31st.

So I am so excited to hear that Creative Cafe has finally arrived and even more excited that Danelle Johnson is coming to teach at the store. Besides Creative Cafe, I am also interested in seeing what else has arrived at the store and where things are going to go. I tell you...you leave for a few days and Windy City will change things in a minute. I love seeking our new things in the store, we have surprises for you in every corner.

Hope to see you this week in the store

TTFN
Al

Oops...I forgot to post a few pictures from my weekend. I went with my scrapping group...we call ourselves "Scrap On Sistahs" ...we have t-shirts, baseball shirts, denim shirts, and hoodies...we are like a little scrapbooking sorority and have a ball with each other...Enjoy