Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Making the Perfect Bough or Bow?




Ribbon is a staple in Papercrafting today. I use ribbon in layouts or as a delicate embellishment on cards. Making nice neat bows has always been a challenge. I find myself wasting more time trying to tie a perfect bow than actually creating. Finally a fool-proof solution and if I can do it, anyone can. I came across this in a magazine from the UK and had to try it. It really works and I am thrilled. So do you want to see how it works?





Instructions


(1) I made this little gadget out of scrap pine wood, dowels and my little Fiskars Hand Drill. It took me less than 5 minutes to put together. (I did need someone to hold the block while I drilled with my handy dandy drill)


(2) Take your ribbon (approx 6 inches in length) and place around the dowels.

(3) Cross over (as if you were tying a knot)

(4) Take end piece and pull under the ribbon (behind the dowels).

(5) Now take end piece and flip over the top

(6) Securely tie a knot

(7) Take ribbon off the dowels and Voila!! Here's the Final Product! Just trim the ends and your ready to make another. You're probably saying what I said earlier
"Now why didn't I think of this"


Hope you like the tutorial! Have a wonderful week!

TTFN
grace :)