Sunday, August 3, 2008

Scrapping On Sundays

Hello everyone...

I can not believe that we are in the month of August and that summer is almost over...have you been enjoying your summer? Spending time with family and friends? Taking lots of photos and documenting your summer happenings? I am currently at my MIL's home in the south suburbs of Chicago, full from an old fashion Southern Sunday dinner of smothered chicken, sweet potatoes, macaroni and cheese, cabbage, carrots and potatoes, fried corn, hot water corn bread, sweet peach tea and homemade pound cake. The twins spent the day running and playing in her sprinkler, riding their bikes and just enjoying the hot weather and of course...I was there front and center with my camera. The hubby and I did go out to the movies while the twins were napping to go and see HANCOCK...I had a fun filled day.

Okay...enough of my day...
Here is your SOS for this Sunday, August 3rd, 2008

Well, remember the photos from last Sunday of Christina, Susan, Sesil, Melissa, and I writing orders at CHA...guess what? Items are starting to come in...so Christmas in July has transformed into Christmas in August as we have been receiving in boxes of NEW merchandise and opening them up with "oohs" and "aahs"
So, the last day that I was at work was Tuesday and when I came in on Saturday to help out a bit, I was surprised at what we have received already. I will just have to list it to make it easier for me...ready, here I go:

-We are restocked on all of the Teresa Collins Halloween, Christmas, and Bon Appetite along with all of her stamps and shaped chipboard album covers
-We have Tim Holtz Fragments in along with a few of his new tools
-We have Imaginese new Baby (Boy & Girl) along with their Birthday lines (with cute cupcake stamps)
-We have all of Reminisce new lines....Fall, Halloween, and Winter (glittery and shimmer)
-We have Moxie in with everything from Baby to Sports and everything in between
-We have new doodling templates in from Crafter's Workshop (cool designs to create those swirls and other intricate details to your pages)
-We have the new Quickutz alphabets
and I am sure there is more that I did not get a chance to see, and if you want to see...you know I did not take any photos and this time on purpose so that you could come in and see for yourself.

This month of August....we have started something new...just for you
Our Manic Mondays, where we offer you something special every Monday...what about our coupons...well, we will still have them but they will only be valid Tuesday thru Sunday.
So...for the first Manic Monday...here you go:
Monday, August 4th- All 12x12 transparencies are $1.00!
These are regularly priced between $2.49 and $2.99!
Come on in and stock up on these cool clear papers...I will be picking up a few my self

For classes this week, Sesil and I will both be teaching Basics this week and Melissa is bringing back her Acrylic Stamp Challenge Class...so for those of you who are interested in getting started or want to refer a friend to start scrapbooking, Basics is for you and for those who want to learn how to use Acrylic Stamps in new ways, the Acrylic Stamp Challenge is for you.
We also have crop this Friday night, August 8th in which Sesil and Melissa will be your hosts for the evening
For all classes and crops, all you have to do is give us a call to RSVP your spot over the phone if you do not come in personally and do it. I hope to see you in the store for I am really excited to see our labor of ordering during CHA come to life.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us either from the blog, call us at the store 773-935-0585, or check our website www.windycityscrapbooking.com

TTFN
Alraynita