Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday Tips *Color Core Cardstock & Dry Emobssing*

Just found my two new found loves
1.)Color Core Cardstock and
2.)Quickutz Embossing Dies
Let me show you why.

Supplies used in this demo:
Black Magic - core'dinations color core cardstock
Quickutz Revolution with Embossing Mat
Quickutz Embossing Die - Swirls
Basic Grey- Precision File Tools
Extra sheets of pattern paper.



First of all I have to say...Love this paper. Has the texture of Bazzill but it is black on one side and colored on the other. There is another pack of paper that has kraft on one side and the color on the other. These do come in packs so get them while you can.

First I cut up the cardstock into little strips just for demo purposes.

(As you can see the pink is the core color of the paper.)


I placed the cardstock in the embossing die.


Then I closed the embossing die and placed it on my revolution platform and put the embossing mat down.
I like an extra deep embossed look. To make it a little deeper I added a sheet of pattern paper on top of the embossing mat to give the extra pressure to the die.

Then I took the embossing die off the platform and this is what you get.


This is what the cardstock looks like after you take it out of the embossing die.

Next I took the sanding block and sanded the raised part of the cardstock. As you see, the black side is the only one that gives the two tone look. ( I wanted to see if the black would show up on the pink side...answer is NO.)


Here is the cardstock sanded and a beautiful two tone look.


Just remember, the core color is what will show through when sanding the embossed image. If your cardstock is the same color all the way through you will not get the same effect. (Bazzill cardstock is the same color all the way through.) This is why I like the Black Magic core'dinations paper. I will have my samples up in the store for you to see the texture and effect you close.

Sorry for the short post. I have a house full of sick kids, including myself, so stay healthy until next week. Create and have fun.

:)sesil