Sunday, July 13, 2008

Scrappin On Sundays...

Hello everyone...

Here is your SOS for this Sunday, July 13th, 2008

The middle of July is an exciting time for us at Windy City Scrapbooking as we prepare for CHA. Not only are we in anticipation of what the manufacturers are releasing for the rest of the year, but we are also in anticipation of making room for the new...hence, our Christmas in July Sidewalk Sale or as Susan referred to our terrain as being Hardwood. I have not been in the store for a couple of days so I am anxious to get into the store to purchase some items from our Christmas in July Sale. I am looking to pick up a few die cuts from My Mind's Eye as they make perfect accent pieces to any page or project and I am also looking to pick up a few sets of acrylic stamps from Luxe Designs...and speaking of My Mind's Eye and Luxe...did you know that they are teaching classes at our store this week? Along with Teresa Collins and Spencer from Quickutz is visiting us this week too...

This week we not only started our Christmas in July sale (check out our website for more details at http://www.windycityscrapbooking.com/ , but we are kicking off our CHA Celebrity Classes.
We started off today with a class taught by Claire Hampton of Hampton Arts and I heard that everyone was very pleased with learning new techniques and meeting her.
Teresa Collins will be at our store this Wednesday and the class and class kits are sold out but we might be able to work our Windy City magic and may be able to get a kit for you...just call at the store and leave your contact info and we will see what we can do.
K.C. and Jody from My Mind's Eye will be teaching a layout/technique class on Thursday night and this class is only limited to 15 people and we only have a few spots left....they will be using new product that will not be available until way after the show...be the first to get your hands on it and learn from "The Guys from My Mind's Eye"
Spencer, from Quickutz, will be at our store on Friday night and will be bringing a couple of his Quickutz buddies to make Susan blush and maybe show a few new releases...let's see who will be dancing on the counter top that night
The Luxe Ladies, Emily and Jennifer, will be teaching a cool mini album class on Saturday night and there will also be a make and take that night with Luxe as well.
Finally...there is a crop this Friday night, July 18th and Sesil and myself will be working the crop.... there are only a few slots left so stop by or call to RSVP your spot.

Last but not least...I leave you with a few fun photos from today's Claire Hampton's class. I hope that everyone that took the class really had a great time, and by the way...way to go Emily for winning the spot to take the class...I enjoyed meeting you in my Basics class and I hope to see you again.

TTFN
Alraynita