Thursday, July 3, 2008

Tuesday Tip *It takes Class to be great.*

Okay... So my Tuesday tip is a few days late. My tip for today is take a class. We a fortunate enough to have the Craft Hobby Association, otherwise known as CHA, here in Chicago in a couple of weeks. CHA is a show where the retailers place orders on the new releases from the vendors. While the vendors are here for CHA we are fortunate enough to have some of them come down and take time out of their already busy schedule and come teach a class at Windy City Scrapbooking.

There are so many tips and techniques you can learn from all these classes. Just think they are coming straight from the vendor, the brain behind the products. Many of the vendors are releasing many new products at CHA and most stores will not be able to get their hands on the product until 3 months later. But I can tell you, most of these classes you will be able the first customers to see some of the new products. And every class that I have ever taken from a vendor I have always gotten more than what I paid for when I walk out of the class.

I am a hard critic when it comes to taking classes. I like to come out of a class at least learning something new I didn't already know or come out of the class with inspiration for my next project. (Trust me when I say I am a hard critic with classes.) So with this said, let me do a quick run down of the classes that will be here for CHA.

On Sunday, July 13th Clair Hampton of Hampton Arts. I am going to take this class for all the different techniques that can be incorporated into my mini albums and layouts. And to meet Clair...I am a fan. So if you are wanting to learn some great techniques and creative ideas come take this class with me.

Wednesday, July 16 Teresa Collins is teaching a class. This class is sold out but kits are available for purchase. So if you are wanting a kit call and reserve yours today while we can get them.

Thursday, July 17 the guys from My Minds Eye will be doing a two page layout with their new products. Love My Minds Eye...only 15 spots for this class, get in while you can. We will not be able to get the product in the store until after the show.

Friday, July 18 will be Quickutz....enough said. Quickutz!!!!! There will be free demos and make & takes. Come see what the cut is all about. :)

Saturday, July 19 will be LUXE. Okay....love the product line and I love the teachers Emily and Jennifer. They are rock stars with all their projects and creative layouts. Come join me and we will have a blast with LUXE. During this time there will be make and takes from LUXE taught by Pam and Cindie. I love these ladies...come out and see why and meet them for yourself.

Oh my, what a busy week we will have at Windy City Scrapbooking. Sign up now and reserve your space. Like I said before this is a great time to get up close and personal with the vendors. Maybe you could be their next inspiration for their next product line.