Friday, September 5, 2008

Full Circle Friday

Hello and welcome to a new weekly post called Full Circle Friday! I will complete a layout by beginning with a sketch (no laughing at my drawing skills!), discussing a supply list, and then displaying my finished layout. Follow along each week and gather a collection of sketches for the next time you get to scrapbook or actually complete a layout a week with me. Just think, that is a lot of layouts by the end of the year. Let's get started...

Here is my sketch for this week. It is a 2-page 12x12 layout that uses 7 photos. Of course you could always shrink down the entire sketch to make a 2-page 8x8 or 8.5x11 layout. Or you could even just use half of it to make a 1-page layout. Completely up to you! There are no rules for sketches... it is just a way to start the creative process.
I am a sucker for all the cool new stuff pouring into Windy City almost daily so I chose supplies from the latest new items... Just Dreamy 2 by My Mind's Eye. When I mean latest and greatest, this line hasn't even been on the shelf 24 hours yet! It is definitely worth a trip to Windy City this weekend to take a look.

Supplies:
Patterned Papers from the Just Dreamy 2 collection from My Mind’s Eye:
Dazzling “My Girl” Polka Dot with the Lot/Blue Argyle Paper
Dazzling “Summer” Sweet Midori/Flamingo Stripe Paper
Dazzling “Our Princess” Fresh Flowers/Yellow Pin Stripe Paper
Dazzling “Our Princess” Summer Stripes/Pink Deco Paper
Embellishments from the Just Dreamy 2 collection from My Mind’s Eye:
Dazzling “Our Princess” Die Cut
Dazzling “My Girl” Mini Die Cut
Dazzling “Summer” Transparency
Bazzill Kraft Cardstock
Handful of Creative Café Bulk Buttons
Ribbon from my stash
Chipboard letters from my stash

I love these supplies because it gets away from the pastel pinks I so often use for my girls. They are colors for summer photos, photos of playing with toys, beach photos, and so much more. My photos were busy and a little dark so I chose to use the patterned paper in small amounts and kept my background calm by using plain Kraft cardstock.

The sketch calls for 7 vertical photos, but I didn't have quite that many. I had 7 photos I wanted to use but some were horizontal. No problem! I just cut them all to a width of 3" and then just filled in the empty photo space with my patterned paper.

I layered the die cut flowers to give it a little depth. I also roughly cut out the transparency image. Because I used plain cardstock, I wrote my journaling directly onto my background paper. Voila! Complete Layout!


See you next week!
Melissa