Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday Tip *Chipboard Flower*

I have had some friends ask me how I alter my chipboard. Here is my step by step on how I alter chipboard by using pattern paper. There are many different ways to alter the chipboard but this is on of the easiest way to do it besides painting.


Supplies I am using for this project:

Maya Road Flower Petals Chipboard

My Minds Eye - Laundry Line glitter paper (as you see I am only using a strip of the paper. This is such a great way to use up all the scrap paper we have laying around)

Basic Gray- Precision File Set

Tonic Scissors

Ranger- Crackle paint

Therm o web - glue stick



First thing I like to do is get out my chipboard pieces and line them up to make sure I have enough scrap paper to cover all the pieces.



















Next I take all the chipboard pieces and use the glue stick to cover one side of the chipboard then add to the back side of the pattern paper.

*Like my hand models? (this is Drew my little two year old helping me.)


Make sure all the edges are covered with your adhesive.
This is why I like to use a glue stick vs. a dry adhesive.












As you see here. I just glue everything down at the same time.






















Then I cut out the chipboard from the pattern paper. You don't have to get that close to the chipboard because the next step will take care of the overlapping paper.
















Next I take the file set and sand down the extra paper on the chipboard. I do sand in one direction..this prevents the paper from trying to lift off the chipboard. This gives it a slight distressed look to the chipboard.

*Drew did such a great job sanding down the pattern paper.













For the center piece, we took the crackle paint and just slapped it on to give it a simple coat of color.

*Sammie loves using the paint. Check out the nail polish.



Finally we have our completed flower pattern paper chipboard accent.

Come by the store to see the final project. I love the new Laundry line from My Mind's Eye. The pictures just don't do it justice. I would love to see your pattern pattern covered chipboard elements. Post a picture or link to your picture to this post and I will randomly pick a winner for a gift pack from my personal stash. Post pictures by Monday, Sept. 22nd and I will post the winners on next weeks Tuesday tips. See you next week. :)SESIL